As much as it may sound surprising, but Salda Lake Turkey called Turkish Maldives.
And so, give understand, what is uniqueness of Salda Lake and why it “hidden” from tourists. By the way, how to get to Salda Lake, we wrote earlier (link – here), so now we present the only known facts about Salda Lake.
1) This is the deepest and cleanest freshwater lake in Turkey;
2) Depth of Salda Lake is 184 m (this is second deepest lake after Van Lake), area – approximately 45 sq.km.;
3) Salda Lake is of volcanic origin and is located at a height 1135 meters above sea level at the foot of the mountain Esler;
4) Water in Salda Lake so clean, that is suitable for drinking (on picture is the source of cold and clean drinking water);
5) Coast of Salda Lake incredibly white – it is the result of natural deposits, based with magnesite (MgCO3 magnesium carbonate), dolomite and limestone;
6) Salda Lake rich in a special kind of clay, which, is believed, helps with different dermatological diseases;
7) In 1989 , the lake was given the status of natural protected areas;
8) On Salda Lake beach is modern hotel, which hosts – Hotel Lake Salda.
Surprisingly, but on Salda Lake always have a few people, it is a real place for relaxation and privacy.
A source of clean drinking water in Lake Salda
Location Salda Lake on the map
Text and photos: Evgeny Nazarenko